We are pleased to invite you to the Second International Scientific and Practical Conference “Reconstruction and Restoration of Architectural Heritage” (RRAH 2021) on March 24-27, 2021 at SPbGASU.
St Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (St Petersburg)
Committee for State Inspection and Protection of Historic and Cultural Monuments of St Petersburg (St Petersburg)
About RRAH Conference 2021
RRAH 2021 is aimed at exchange of experience and development of strategy for enhancing educational process and practice of protection and restoration of cultural heritage.
The Conference Organizing Committee
DSc in Economics, Professor, Vice Rector for Science, St Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (St Petersburg).
DSc in Architecture, Professor, Head of Department of Architectural and Urban Planning Heritage, St Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (St Petersburg).
First Deputy Chairman, Committee for State Inspection and Protection of Historic and Cultural Monuments of St Petersburg (KGIOP), Professor, Department of Architectural and Urban Planning Heritage, St Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (St Petersburg).
Galina Fedotova, Senior Lecturer, Department of Architectural and Urban Planning Heritage, St Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (St Petersburg).
- analysis of the existing regulatory framework for the protection and restoration of cultural heritage in the Russian Federation, the CIS and foreign countries, as well as training of architects and restorers;
- analysis of current problems of educational process organization in the field of reconstruction and restoration of architectural heritage;
- analysis of restoration design practice and protection of cultural heritage;
- study of Russian and foreign experience in creating and functioning of historical objects and structures.
Each RRAH 2021 participant/author fills in the registration form: https://forms.gle/f3FZpkSphaSyYEGb8
The RRAH 2021 participation fee is 250 euro. Participant fee includes admission to RRAH 2021 Conference and Mini-Symposium on Construction History, Conference materials, meals and visits to architectural heritage sites in St Petersburg. All registered participants will receive the invoice and agreement for participation fee payment till March 1, 2021 via e-mail.
Deadline for registration for RRAH 2021 is December 31, 2020*.
*Please bear in mind that you need the Russian visa to enter Russia. All the details concerning obtaining the Russian visa are listed below.
RRAH 2021 has opened the Call for paper proposals devoted to a broad range of restoration and construction of architectural heritage topics. The call for paper submission will be closed on December 1, 2020. All paper proposals are subject to blind peer review process prior their approval.
RRAH 2021 authors are offered 2 publication options in the scope of the Call for publication:
- Collection of RRAH 2021 Conference papers (indexed in the Russian Science Citation index) – free of charge. This Collection is printed by the university publishing house and will be indexed in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI)*. Authors can submit articles in Russian and English. Authors submit their articles according to the instruction for authors and template till December 1, 2020. After the reviewing process all authors receive notifications on its results and the approved articles are published. All authors should send their paper proposals designed according to the template to the RRAH 2021 Organizing Committee via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
* Russian Science Citation Index™ is created in partnership with Russia’s Scientific Electronic Library (eLibrary.ru), Russia’s largest research information provider. Content is selected by eLibrary’s editorial board to reflect the most influential scholarly literature in Russia based on citation analysis. For futher information, please visit: https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/solutions/russian-science-citation-index/
- RRAH 2021 Digital Proceedings will be published by CRC Balkema (Taylor & Francis Group; https://www.balkema.nl/) and indexed in Scopus & Web of Science along with the other indexing services.
Once your article is ready and designed according to the template, please, upload it to EasyChair till December 1, 2020. After submission all the articles will be subject to peer-review process and then all authors are notified on its results. Organizing Committee will send instructions and invoice for publication fee payment to the authors of the approved articles via e-mail.
Publication fee: 250 euro.
Required documents and files:
All authors of RRAH 2021 Proceedings must send the following documents to the RRAH 2021 Organizing Committee via e-mail: email@example.com.
These forms are required by the Publisher – CRC Balkema. Articles submitted without the forms will not be accepted. Please upload your article to EasyChair and send CtP and PVF forms to e-mail by December 1, 2020 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RRAH 2021 Conference will be held from March 24, 2021 (Wednesday) to March 27, 2021 (Saturday) at Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SPbGASU; https://www.spbgasu.ru/en/).
RRAH 2021 will open with Mini-Symposium “Construction History, an emerging discipline. A Russian-Spanish encounter” co-organized and co-chaired by our partners Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) and Spanish Society of Construction History. In the format of sessions Russian and Spanish speakers will present the state of the art in their respective countries. Find out more about Mini-Symposium on Construction History here: http://rran.spbgasu.ru/en/2021-en-symposium/
Second and third days of the RRAH 2021 Conference will be devoted to speakers’ presentations on topics of Reconstruction and Restoration of Architectural Heritage. Each speaker will be given 15 minutes to deliver their topics. The final list of speakers and RRAH 2021 programme will be available closer to the event. All participants should choose the desired form of participation in the RRAH 2021 Conference upon registration (https://forms.gle/f3FZpkSphaSyYEGb8).
Special round-table informal discussion will be organized on Friday where experts and academics from different countries will share current views on issues related to Construction History and Reconstruction & Restoration of Architectural Heritage. The aim of discussion is to give the floor to different opinions and make conclusion on further joint cooperation, research and ideas.
On Friday and Saturday RRAH 2021 participants will have the opportunity to discover the architectural heritage sites of Saint Petersburg. Special guided tours and site visits will be organized.
Saint Petersburg is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Russia. We kindly advise you to book your accommodation in advance.
Organizing Committee has prepared a list of hotels (to be published here) located close to the Conference venue and providing good service for reasonable price. Please visit hotels websites to check the information and choose the accommodation that suits you the best.
Most incoming international visitors need visas for entering the Russian Federation. Please check the information for the documents needed at the Embassy/Consulate or Visa Center where you are going to apply for your visa. Please bear in mind that the visa issuing process can take up to 2-3 weeks.
If you need a visa, please contact the International Relations Office of our university for the visa invitation. Preparing a visa invitation can take 2-3 days.
- Paper submission deadline: December 1, 2020
- Registration deadline: December 31, 2020
We are pleased to announce that the Mini-symposium on Construction History, co-organized and co-chaired by our partners Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain) and Spanish Society of Construction History will open the RRAH 2021 Conference on March 24, 2021.
Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SPbGASU)
Address: 2-nd Krasnoarmeiskaya Str., 4, 190005, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Regarding participation in the Conference and publication of articles, please contact the Organizing Committee:
contact person: Galina Fedotova; tel. +7 (911) 788-58-79; e-mail: email@example.com.